Thursday, July 17, 2014

This saturday Sister Saturnina, and Sister Benancia were baptized. It was an incredible experience, My companion baptized Benancia and the brother of Saturnina was able to baptise his sister. The most incredible part about the baptism of Saturnina is that her brother, Nolburto had an accident about 7 years ago, and does no have full use of his legs, and is only able to walk with the use of crutches. But with the simple help of a chair and my companion, he was able to successfully preform the baptismal ordinance. The testimony of Saturnina, and Benancia were two of the purest and most powerful that I have been able to witness in all of mission. Sister Banancia as I have mentioned before does not speak very well in spanish, but with the help of her daughter (who is member) she was able to express her feelings in a very moving way. There may or may not have been tears. (I have pictures, but I will have to send them next week)
                               The other interesting thing that happened this week, is the change of mission life, Transfers. I am still here in Imperial, Cañete. So that means that I will spend one fourth of my mission in this area, but that´s okay because I love this place. My new companion is named Elder Morales, he is from Cajamarka Peru. He has about nine months in the mission, and his is a very powerful missionary. Mom asked if my comp. goes away will I be District leader or will they change me too? The answer to that question is, the will send another one in. Elder Morales is District leader, and honestly I´m okay with that, but it is possible that I will go to my next area as District leader, but I am happy to just be focused on the people that we have to teach.
                              I am excited to see what is going to happen this next change, and I truly hope that we can work to our full potential this transfer, because this will be my last in this area. My new companion is really cool, he is relaxed, but he knows how to work hard and where to focus his energy. I think that the time we spend together is going to be an awesome experiencia. Something cool about Elder Morales is that he is a sketch artist, and he is really good, he drew my face and I felt like I was watching a camera. Well I love you all have a good week. Love Elder Roos.

No comments:

Post a Comment